Below are a select list of challenging topics we are planning to publish in a forthcoming book:
- What is the place of varṇāśrama in Bhakti?
- Is the gṛhastha āśrama the lowest and slowest of the four?
- Is there any room for romance in the gṛhastha āśrama?
- Are Gauḍīya Vaishnavas truly Vedic?
- How does one find his or her own svadharma?
- Is democracy “demon-cracy”?
- What is the purpose of the varṇas?
- How do we raise children in Krishna Bhakti?
Four Regulative Principles
- Are there ethics beyond the four regulative principles?
- What is the place of sex and sexuality in Krishna Bhakti practice?
- Is homosexuality demoniac?
- How does veganism fit into Krishna Bhakti?
- Is there absolute morality? Does it lead to fanaticism?
- Are women less intelligent?
- What is the significance of chastity in Bhakti?
- Should women be given independence?
- Are women, first and foremost, mothers?
- How is guru “as good as God?”
- What does it mean that “guru is one?”
- What is Guru Bhakti?
- Who is a pure devotee?
- What about when a guru falls?
- Who decides who goes back to Godhead?
- Is there any love in the material world?
- Can our love be eternal?
- How does loving Krishna mean loving everyone?
- What is the key to Vaishnava relationships?
- What is the anatomy of an offense: aparādha?
- What is higher, deity seva or devotee seva?
- Is criticizing devotees free speech?
- When does etiquette become artificial?
- Can we pray and fast for others?
- How do impersonalism and depersonalism creep in to Bhakti?
- How should we understand the passing away of a Vaishnava?
- How do we reconcile science & Vaishnava spirituality?
- How do we share Bhakti with the scientifically-minded?
- Are the Vedas history or mythology?
- Is love a chemical reaction?
- What should be Śrīla Prabhupāda’s role in the life of the new generation of devotees?
- Is there a precedent for “translating Prabhupāda’s translations?”
- How do we show our love for Śrīla Prabhupāda?
- What’s in a number? Why 16 rounds?
- Are there any kirtan “standards?”
- Is “chant and be happy” a spiritual formula or a marketing mantra?
- How can terrorism be born out of religion?
- Do you believe in God?
- What is the place of religion in a secular age?
- How can God be a person?
- Can someone be spiritual but not religious?
- Is there such a thing as destiny?
- What is surrender?
- What is humility?
- Why is Krishna blue?
- How do we “control” the mind?
Fears & Fall-Downs
- What constitutes a fall-down?
- What is the place of guilt in Krishna Bhakti?
- Is life a test and death a final exam?
- Are devotees who aren’t fluent in Sanskrit missing out?
- How do we deal with the fear of being left behind in the material world?
- How do we face our “fall-downs?”
- What if one falls short of gopīhood?
- Are spiritual institutions a curse or benediction?
- What if Arjuna came to ISKCON?
- Are there too many Indians in ISKCON?
- Is the Hare Krishna Movement Hindu?
- How and why is there child abuse in ISKCON, a “spiritual” society?
- How should we understand the seven purposes of ISKCON?
- Who is qualified to lead the global Hare Krishna Movement?
- What gives devotees real authority?
- Are we in the “business” of “making” devotees?
- How do we present Krishna Bhakti to the 21st century West?
- How do we lecture on Krishna Bhakti?
- Do we fall from the spiritual world?
- Do Gauḍīya Vaishnavas have all the answers?
- Should we avoid reading the Rāsa Līlā?
- Is there a spiritual planet for Christians?
- Is it true that the more severe our austerities, the more mercy we receive?
- Is money lakṣmī or māyā?
- When does thinking turn into “mental speculation?”
- What is the role of miracles in Krishna Bhakti?
- Do devotees have any debts to society?
- What is the role of prophecies and predictions in Krishna Bhakti?